THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD


On January 19th I was honored to receive the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks go out to my good friend, Cait O'Sullivan, for the award. 

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Wow! That's a lot of work for one little word! 

Here are the rules for receiving the award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, 
    plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. 
    Cait's did 5, I'm doing 9.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

Eleven things about me:

1. I love to nap! (It's almost that time.)
2. I love rock music!
3. I've been a lunch lady for 10+ years.
4. I do P90X, but beg every morning to skip and just sleep in.
5. I'm easily distracted.
6. I'm bad at time management (see #5).
7. I like to dance, but am not very good at it.
8. I lack discipline in about every area of life: bad diet, bad sleeping habits, bad at time management (yeah. # 6)
9. I'm struggling to come up with 11 things about me.
10. I'm freakishly honest. (to an absurd degree, even I know that)
11. Yea! The last one! If I had been a boy, my name would have been Scott. I like that name.

Eleven questions about me and my answers:

1. Beach or mountain holiday? I skipped this one and saved it for last, because it is hard. Mountains, if someone else drove (I DO NOT like mountain driving. Scared of heights.) Love the beach, but have to stay out of the sun, so it's not like I would lounge there all day like some people do. I would enjoy both!
  
2. Where in the family do you come? Smack dab in the middle of it all, as you might expect, number 3 of 4.

3. Dog or cat person? Cat. While I think dogs are cute, for me they are too much work. Plus they have that whole drooling thing that gets on my nerves.

4. What's your favorite season and why? Fall. Maybe because the change is so easy to see. Also because I love baking,and the other foods of fall (soups, chili, and the like), going to apple orchards, pumpkins on porches... I guess I like the whole ball of wax. 

5. What's the last book you read? Highland Surrender, by Tracey Brogan.

6. What's the last movie you watched? Les Miserable, which was wonderful. Anne Hathaway is AMAZING!

7. What's your favorite weather and why? Sunny, about 70 degrees. Because it just makes you want to skip. Makes your heart lighter.

8. What would you like to be written on your tombstone? 

Here lies my wife,
Here let her lie,
Now she's at rest, 
And so am I.
Just kidding! I've always loved that one, though. Uhh...she brought sunshine to the world. Yeah. That's nice. Honestly, I have no idea, and since I'll be gone anyway, I guess it doesn't much matter what I want on it.

9. How would you like to be remembered? As someone who helped others.

10. When and why was the last time you giggled uncontrollably? It would have probably been at work when my best bud and I decided to talk like Minnie Mouse all day. (much to the consternation of our coworkers) ( ';

11. What's your favorite photo on display? Toss up. My dad in his Missouri Tiger's hat (since that is how I like to remember him), or the beach pictures from when our kids were maybe 3 and 5 (because that's how I like to think of them, too).

Here are the bloggers that I am awarding the Liebster Award to. Visit them at their blogs and congratulate them. bloggers. 









4 comments:

  1. Nice one MJ -- I love your answers :)Dunno what a P90X is mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...my darlin' Cait! P90X is an extreme 90 day workout. You can repeat it though, so we are on our third round. I may be working off close to the calories that you do when you dance! (but not nearly as fun, I'm sure!) Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny, MJ! I've never met an actual lunch lady...even in the virtual world. Cool! And yeah, I didn't know what a "P90X" was either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The few, the proud, the lunch ladies! (; Thanks for stopping in, Leah!

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion!